Assistant Purchasing Manager
314 Campus Dr Edison, NJ 08837 | Permanent
The Assistant Purchasing Manager will develop processes for measuring supply inventory and determining purchasing needs based on sales quantities. This individual should be detail oriented and work based on the purchasing policies and procedures established in the company. The successful candidate will track and report key functional metrics to maintain optimum inventory levels and also bring direct and indirect cost savings to the company by benchmarking. They will develop, lead and execute sourcing strategies. Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Responsible for handling end- to-end demand chain for multiple product lines.
- Forecasting the demand and mange supplier’s shipping schedule.
- Open PO follow up and maintain customer service levels with optimal levels of inventory.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in demand management and cost optimization.
- Ability to analyze data and assist Purchasing Manager in setting up sourcing strategies.
- Send out RFQ's and analyze quotations.
- Release PO's at the right time to the right supplier at the right price and ensure timely delivery.
- Consolidate the purchases to attain maximum cost benefit.
- Work with Order Processing & warehouse teams to maintain the customer order fill rates.
- Work with the Product Management & Quality Assurance teams in vendor management.
- Other duties assigned by management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail in analyzing quotes. Contract management experience is a plus.
- Strong sense of cost analysis, demand management & forecasting.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and get things done.
- Strong Problem solving/Conflict resolution/leadership skills.
- Good vendor management skills. Experience working with suppliers in Asia would be a plus.
- Knowledge of global supply chain. Experience in imports from Asia would be a plus.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in Business Management and/or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Proficient in Computer and Analytical Skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word
- Oracle JD Edwards knowledge preferred
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required
About Staff Management Group: Staff Management Group has over 30 years of experience placing staffing candidates in distribution, manufacturing, production, assembly and clerical positions. Most of our candidates have been with us for over 5 years. Staff Management Group is one of New Jersey’s leading staffing and recruiting agencies specializing in light industrial and clerical staffing. We have over 5,000 staff employees serving over 100 clients in the Northern New Jersey area. Come join the team!