Staff Management Group A leader in Light Industrial and Clerical Staffing is looking for a Business Development / Sales Representative for a client located in Central Jersey.
- Temp to hire position
- Monday – Friday 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
- Full benefits package once hired permanent
- Salary $60K-$70K / DOE
High school diploma with some post-secondary education a preference. Five years of customer service and/or sales experience with at least 2 years in assembly & packaging, production, logistics.
Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and some data entry. Organized, good communicator, transparent.
Duties & Responsibilities:
New Business Development
- Maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Develop business plans in coordination with CEO and COO to achieve revenue goals.
- Research the market for identifying new business opportunities.
- Promote features, advantages, and benefits of Workshops to prospective and current customers and follow up with them to close the business deals.
- Track progress on daily call log reports.
- Respond to prospective and customer queries in a timely fashion.
- Develop business proposals for new and existing customers.
- Develop creative strategies to retain the customers including interviewing them to take their feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients, and industry trends.
- Maintain a knowledge repository of clients, referrals, RFPs, prospects, and presentations.
- Develop strong customer relationships to generate high volume of prospective customers.
- Manage customer calls and appointments effectively for new opportunities.
- Participate in networking activities, industry forums, client discussions, and conferences as a representative of the organization.
- Determine cross-selling and up-selling opportunities and execute accordingly.
- Stay in touch with prospects, current customers, and past customers to continue to cultivate brand awareness and business opportunities.
- Partner with the Director of Operations to provide timely and accurate information for quotes and proposals for new customers, existing customers, new and recurring projects.
- Ensure all components, schematics, samples, instructions, training, and any other requirements to minimize re-work or waste are provided by the customer upfront and conveyed to the Director of Operations and Production/Operations team.
- Verify and validate receipt of customer’s parts with Director of Operations.
- Any shortages or variances must be immediately reported to the Salesperson who acts as liaison with customers regarding all aspects of their orders i.e., production, shipping rejections, shortages, and residual materials.
- Be familiar with all job specifications and revisions thereto, and immediately communicate to Director of Operations and Production/Operations team on these specifications before any start of production
- Prepare in writing, advisories of changes in job requirements, quantities, deliveries, or price negotiated with the contractor after submission and acceptance of quotation.
- Maintain contact with the customer during production runs to assure compliance with quantity of work performed and report such findings to Director of Operations and COO.
- Make follow-up visitations to customers upon completion of production runs to ascertain our compliance and to evaluate our performance.
- Prepare and maintain customer files, customer history and projects from customers.
- Maintain constant awareness of workloads in process, pending and required in both workshops and plan accordingly. Walk through each workshop once daily.
- Work with Director of Operations, Operations team, and COO to resolve all customer disputes.
- Maintain constant awareness of workloads in process, pending and required in both workshops and plan accordingly.
- Participate in those workshop production meetings as may be required.
- Perform such other duties as may be specifically required by management.