South Plainfield, NJ
Staff Management Group is looking for a Mechanic in South Plainfield, NJ.
• Pay Rate: $20-$24/hour
• Hours: 10:45 pm - 6:45 am (3rd shift)
• As a member of the production maintenance team, fully supports production shift operations and related equipment, including various and multiple fill/assembly/packaging lines.
• Effectively completes setups/changeovers and ensures the efficient running of production lines by making adjustments and timely addressing mechanical/electrical issues.
• Proactively completes preventative maintenance.
• Also installs, repairs and rebuilds packaging machinery and equipment as directed.
• Works closely with production, quality, and planning personnel to ensure that customer orders are processed safely, accurately, on time, and at minimum costs.
1. Installs/Adjusts change or new parts on packaging machinery and equipment and tests before releasing to production. Obtains and returns ‘make ready’ parts to the shop as needed.
2. Safely Troubleshoots and repairs problems on all equipment and running lines. Maintain and repair mechanical equipment, systems and processes to meet quality and efficiency requirements, applying knowledge of mechanical principles (and minor electrical).
3. Analyze production effectiveness to anticipate future problems to take proactive corrective measures. Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to correct with short terms and longer term recommendations.
4. Partner with floor personnel, including Team and Line leads, Quality Techs, Material handlers and other maintenance persons to ensure that job orders run effectively per schedule.
5. Ensures that the equipment is clean and sanitized before/after use.
6. Upon management/engineering authorization, modify machinery as needed for various product designs.
7. Work with cross functional teams on continuous improvement projects, including safety, quality, delivery, and productivity.
8. Document setups, repairs, adjustment and preventative maintenance activities as GMP required (set up sheets, batch records, log books, PM exhibits, etc)
9. Occasionally may perform regular repairs in the maintenance and alteration of buildings, grounds and equipment: includes troubleshooting, painting, carpentry, masonry and similar construction/ mechanical systems type work, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
• Degree from technical school; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be mechanically proficient with strong ability to utilize tools to support automated production and manufacturing equipment.
• Preferably able to safely use basic machine ship and related equipment. Preferably experienced in a GMP environment/such as cosmetics, medical devices, or food.
Apply today, work tomorrow!
About Staff Management Group: Staff Management Group has over 30 years of experience placing staffing candidates in distribution, manufacturing, production, assembly and clerical positions. Most of our candidates have been with us for over 5 years. Staff Management Group is one of New Jersey’s leading staffing and recruiting agencies specializing in light industrial and clerical staffing. We have over 5,000 staff employees serving over 100 clients in the Northern New Jersey area. Come join the team!