Dayton, NJ 08810 | Permanent
We are seeking a Purchasing Assistant to help maintain our inventory levels and negotiate deals with potential vendors. This individual should be detail oriented and work based on the purchasing policies and procedures established in the company. The successful candidate will track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Enter shipments in receipt routing and update ETA’s by coordinating with freight forwarders.
- Enter Purchase orders and send out to suppliers and receive acknowledgments and update the delivery dates.
- Manage box inventory which includes identifying new box manufacturers and maintaining optimum levels of inventory.
- Assist the purchasing team in preparing monthly reports.
- Responsible for inventory movements such as re-classification.
- Report shipment issues such as misshipment, shortage, overage and request credit/debit memo from vendor(s).
- Responsible for return shipment of defective parts to vendor.
- Other duties assigned by management
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and get things done.
- Strong Problem solving/Conflict resolution/leadership skills.
- Good vendor management skills.
- Knowledge of global supply chain. Experience in imports from Asia would be a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business related field preferred
- 1 year of experience in Purchasing and Supply Chain, preferred
- Proficient in Computer and Analytical Skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word
- Oracle JD Edwards knowledge preferred
About Staff Management Group: Staff Management Group has over 30 years of experience placing staffing candidates in distribution, manufacturing, production, assembly and clerical positions. Most of our candidates have been with us for over 5 years. Staff Management Group is one of New Jersey’s leading staffing and recruiting agencies specializing in light industrial and clerical staffing. We have over 5,000 staff employees serving over 100 clients in the Northern New Jersey area. Come join the team!