Edison, NJ 08837 | Temp to Perm
Are you an experienced Warehouse Supervisor looking for the right opportunity?
We have an immediate opening for a Warehouse Supervisor for a local company.
Staff Management Group is one of New Jersey’s leading staffing and recruiting agencies specializing in light industrial and clerical staffing. We have over 5,000 staff employees serving over 100 clients in the Northern New Jersey area.
As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will:
- Supervise direct reports (warehouse and drivers) to meet daily operational requirements
- Comply with all SOPs, cGMP, safety practices, documentation and training requirements
- Manage receiving operation for raw materials and related storage/transfer activities
- Assure timely support to manufacturing/distribution operations and functional areas
- Coordinate with CPM, Planning, QA/QC, Finance, Manufacturing and carriers/vendors as needed
- Manage of warehouse processes and Monarch inventory system
- Coordinate special material requests by Engineering, R&D, QA and CPM
- Analyze material and inventory processes and make suggestions for improvement
- Assist with development and reporting of key performance metrics as needed
- Support process for identification and destruction of excess and obsolete material
- Coordinate and conduct inventory counts and analysis to drive inventory accuracy
This is a hands-on/working supervisory role (based on the needs on the business). You will also be responsible for:
- Management of material handlers and drivers to provide required support to manufacturing, distribution, warehousing and other functional areas.
- All activities related to safe operation of equipment and vehicles and all activities concerned with receiving, storing, picking, and transfer of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Ensuring warehouse complies with applicable internal policies and procedures as well as external requirements such as GMP, DOT, OSHA, FDA, ISO other.
- All warehouse lift equipment including operation, maintenance, repair and employee training and certification
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment, good housekeeping practices
- Coordinating basic building repair and maintenance with facilities team
Job Type: Full time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Warehouse: 5-7 years
Required language: Spanish
Required skills: Microsoft office proficiency, forklift certification
About Staff Management Group
Staff Management Group has over 30 years of experience placing staffing candidates in distribution, manufacturing, production, assembly and clerical positions. Most of our candidates have been with us for over 5 years. Come join the team!