Dayton, NJ US
Staff Management Group is currently looking for a Junior Mechanic for our client in Dayton, NJ.
Pay rate from $19.00 to $22.00 based on experience.
The schedule is 2nd Shift - Monday to Friday / 3:30 pm – 12:00 am
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH EXPERIENCE please.
Please READ ALL THE JOB DESCRIPTION and REQUIREMENTS AND APPLY ONLY IF you have the experience.
Responsibilities for this Junior Mechanic job include:
As a member of the production maintenance team, fully supports production shift operations and related equipment, including various and multiple fill/assembly/packaging lines. Effectively completes setups/changeovers and ensures the efficient running of production lines by making adjustments and timely addressing mechanical/electrical issues. Proactively completes preventative maintenance. Also installs, repairs and rebuilds packaging machinery and equipment as directed. Works closely with production, quality, and planning personnel to ensure that customer orders are processed safely, accurately, on time, and at minimum costs.
- Installs/Adjusts change or new parts on packaging machinery and equipment and tests before releasing to production.
- Obtains and returns ‘make ready’ parts to the shop as needed.
- Safely Troubleshoots and repairs problems on all equipment and running lines.
- Maintain and repair mechanical equipment, systems and processes to meet quality and efficiency requirements, applying knowledge of mechanical principles (and minor electrical).
- Analyze production effectiveness to anticipate future problems to take proactive corrective measures.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to correct with short terms and longer term recommendations.
- Partner with floor personnel, including Team and Line leads, Quality Techs, Material handlers and other maintenance persons to ensure that job orders run effectively per schedule.
- Ensures that the equipment is clean and sanitized before/after use.
- Upon management/engineering authorization, modify machinery as needed for various product designs.
- Work with cross functional teams on continuous improvement projects, including safety, quality, delivery, and productivity.
- Document setups, repairs, adjustment and preventative maintenance activities as GMP required (set up sheets, batch records, log books, PM exhibits, etc)
- Occasionally may perform regular repairs in the maintenance and alteration of buildings, grounds and equipment: includes troubleshooting, painting, carpentry, masonry and similar construction/ mechanical systems type work, etc.
Education and/or Experience
- 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be mechanically proficient with strong ability to utilize tools to support automated production and manufacturing equipment.
- Preferably able to safely use basic machine ship and related equipment.
- Preferably experienced in a GMP environment/such as cosmetics, medical devices, or food.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Staff Management Group is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
About Staff Management Group: Staff Management Group has over 30 years of experience placing staffing candidates in distribution, manufacturing, production, assembly and clerical positions. Most of our candidates have been with us for over 5 years. Staff Management Group is one of New Jersey’s leading staffing and recruiting agencies specializing in light industrial and clerical staffing. We have over 5,000 staff employees serving over 100 clients in the Northern New Jersey area. Come join the team!