Robbinsville, NJ US
Staff Management Group is currently looking for a Machine SL1 Operator for our client in Robbinsville, NJ.
Please READ ALL THE JOB DESCRIPTION and REQUIREMENTS AND APPLY ONLY IF you have the experience.
Pay rate: $16.99 / hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm.
This position is responsible for the set-up, operation, maintenance, and repair of machinery on the production floor. Operators must have good mechanical skills and be able to troubleshoot and perform machine set-ups. Reports to and takes direction from the designated Production Supervisor.
- Read and interpret job instructions prior to machine set-up and/or evaluate reference sample(s) as an aid to machinery set-up.
- Set up and operate production machines in accordance with established procedures and guidelines and perform quality validation at set-up prior to production launch.
- Perform quality checks and monitor productivity numbers during the production run and adjust machine settings as required to complete production tasks within acceptable quality and productivity standards (according to specifications).
- Manage set ups and change-overs, per specifications, and maintain production schedule run time to meet due dates of multiple projects during the day.
- Effectively problem-solve under pressure and work to meet project completion deadlines.
- Complete machine /line clearance at end of each production run and maintain cleanliness of machinery and work area, following good housekeeping and 5-S Lean disciplines, at the end of each shift.
- Understand and support production quality and productivity objectives and perform necessary adjustments and/or minor repairs on machinery to further these objectives.
- Read and interpret machine and safety instructions to run, maintain, and complete production projects based on all instructions and standards.
- Work effectively in a dynamic production environment and embrace a positive teamwork approach with others in the production department as well as extended team members outside the department.
- Work together with the machine maintenance team to help evaluate, trouble shoot, and resolve machine problems that arise during production runs and can’t be resolved through your own independent effort.
- Pursue cross-training and skill development on multiple machines and operate machines as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Mechanical Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting and machine setup.
Production Experience: Prior machine operation and setup experience.
Quality Focus: Ability to perform quality checks and make adjustments.
Adaptability: Skilled in setups, change-overs, and adjusting to schedules.
Problem-Solving: Effective under pressure for machine issue resolution.
Safety Consciousness: Commitment to safety and workspace cleanliness.
Team Player: Collaborative attitude with coworkers and maintenance teams.
Cross-Training: Willingness to learn multiple machines and tasks.
Communication: Effective communication with team members and supervisors.
Physical Stamina: Capable of handling the physical demands of machine operation.
Time Management: Efficiently manages time for meeting production deadlines.
Candidates meeting these requirements are encouraged to apply.
Staff Management Group is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
About Staff Management Group: Staff Management Group has over 30 years of experience placing staffing candidates in distribution, manufacturing, production, assembly and clerical positions. Most of our candidates have been with us for over 5 years. Staff Management Group is one of New Jersey’s leading staffing and recruiting agencies specializing in light industrial and clerical staffing. We have over 5,000 staff employees serving over 100 clients in the Northern New Jersey area. Come join the team!