Warehouse Lead Associate
Edison, NJ US
Staff Management Group is currently looking for a Warehouse Lead Associate for our client in Edison, NJ.
Please READ ALL THE JOB DESCRIPTION and REQUIREMENTS AND APPLY ONLY IF you have the experience.
Pay rate: $20/hour
Schedule: Thursday - Saturday, 6am - 6pm
The Warehouse Lead Associate is responsible for assisting the Supervisor/Manager in tasks such as training, coaching, mentoring, and developing new and existing employees, assisting with the day to day operation, performing daily reports and adhering to the company policies and procedures. Direct the flow of materials for optimal productivity while maintaining levels of quality, accuracy of inventory and safety of employees.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A working lead on the warehouse floor to ensure production and projects are completed
- To oversee all phases of the Dispatch, Receiving, and/or Inventory Departments and provide support to all associates in those Departments.
- Works with the Supervisor/Manager to coordinate the planned and unplanned work flow.
- Responsible for ensuring all teams/departments are fulfilling their roles and running smoothly per the Supervisor’s/Manager’s instructions.
- Communicates with Supervisor/Manager daily to ensure timelines are being met.
- Responsible for providing on the job training, cross training. coaching, and mentoring to new and existing employees on a consistent basis.
- Communicate with Supervisor or Manager to allocate and assign labor where needed, to maximize output and meet customer demand.
- Responsible for completing process, accuracy, and production reports associated with daily goals and communicate findings to the Supervisor/Manager.
- Meets with Supervisor/Manager daily to discuss productivity of employees, goal attainment and inventory levels.
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and department procedures and reporting any non-compliance by team members to Supervisor/Manager.
- Act as the liaison between warehouse associates and management leaders.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness through consistent monitoring and coaching of associates, ensuring that all products are accounted for and in its proper place.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Good communication, organizational and time management skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Willingness to learn
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to Teamwork
- Positive attitude is a must
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment. Employee will frequent a warehouse environment on a regular basis and will be exposed to a variety of sounds and equipment while in this environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
No travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience
Previous warehouse experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Staff Management Group is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
About Staff Management Group: Staff Management Group has over 30 years of experience placing staffing candidates in distribution, manufacturing, production, assembly and clerical positions. Most of our candidates have been with us for over 5 years. Staff Management Group is one of New Jersey’s leading staffing and recruiting agencies specializing in light industrial and clerical staffing. We have over 5,000 staff employees serving over 100 clients in the Northern New Jersey area. Come join the team!