Burlington, NJ US
Staff Management Group is currently looking for a Warehouse Lead for our client in Burlington, NJ.
Please READ ALL THE JOB DESCRIPTION and REQUIREMENTS AND APPLY ONLY IF you have the experience.
Pay rate: $19-$21/hour (may increase with experience)
Schedule: 1st Shift 8:30AM - 5PM (plus Overtime)
Supervise day-to-day activities of warehouse pick/pack operation. All assignments to be delivered within scope, and on time. Assess equipment and material requirements. Assist in training personnel to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Assists in the identification of cost savings initiatives, as directed.
- Assists and supports management with strategic planning, as directed.
- Performs management/supervisory and other functions as outlined in Section 6 of this job description.
- Manages employee disciplinary action process.
- Manages employee scheduling (daily work hours, time off).
- Implements and maintains departmental processes.
- Implements and maintains Key Performance Indicators/Metrics
- Demonstrates positive work-related relationships and communication skills.
- Identifies areas to improve the function of department/organization and initiates improvement projects as directed.
- Supports the organization and other departments in need of information relating to area of expertise.
- Pick and Pack items for shipment.
- Supervise day-to-day activities for all assignments to be delivered in scope, and on time.
- Thorough Knowledge of WMS system
- Assess equipment and material requirements.
- Basic computer skills with MS Outlook, Excel, and Supply Chain Software a plus.
- Assist in training personnel to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Data Entry / Filling out daily reports.
- Communicate to internal team of any discrepancies found within orders.
- Process shipments using Fed Ex, and UPS World Ship.
- Performs other duties as assigned in other departments.
- Provides coverage for Shipping Supervisor.
- Assist manager in establishing and maintaining a positive atmosphere.
- Notifies manager of any ideas, problems, or concerns.
- Math and problem-solving skills essential.
- Adheres to departmental and organizational policies, procedures, and requirements.
Physical Conditions and Requirements:
- Repetitive motion (wrists/hands/fingers)
- Standing (prolonged)
- Lifting (Up to and including 50 lbs.)
- Ability to view text/objects at close range for prolonged periods.
- Auditory (hearing) acuity
- Sitting (prolonged)
- Bending (repetitive)
- Willing to work extra hours
Work Related Requirements, Preferences and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in applicable field.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft office systems)
- Office equipment (Fax/Printer/Copier)
Essential Components of Core Responsibilities:
- Attention to Detail (Quality)
- Maintaining Confidentiality
- Organization/Process Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Prioritizing Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Team Orientation
- Systems/Process Skills
- Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Service Excellence
- Commitment to Task
- Decision Making/Problem Solving Skills
Staff Management Group is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
About Staff Management Group: Staff Management Group has over 30 years of experience placing staffing candidates in distribution, manufacturing, production, assembly and clerical positions. Most of our candidates have been with us for over 5 years. Staff Management Group is one of New Jersey’s leading staffing and recruiting agencies specializing in light industrial and clerical staffing. We have over 5,000 staff employees serving over 100 clients in the Northern New Jersey area. Come join the team!